Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August Adventures

July was a super busy and fun month with lots of family stuff. August has proved to be a little lower key but still lots and lots of fun. Garhett and I have been able to spend a lot of time together, just the two of us and it has been great. He heads back to school in just a few weeks so we have tried to make the best of the time we have left. Once he starts school I'll NEVER see him. (ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but that's what it feels like).

A few weeks ago Garhett bought some clippers and said that we would save all sorts of money by having me cut his hair instead of paying someone else to do it..... I disagreed. But I gave in to my husband's request - like any good wife would do - and I cut his hair...  

I'm not sure why he's so excited for this.

You can tell that I'm not excited at ALL! I just knew I would mess up his hair! I cut my sister's hair once and it was a disaster!
Here goes...

I didn't put a picture of the final product for a reason. Garhett said it looks great, but I'm not so sure. Ever since then I look at his hair and see uneven parts. I told him he just needs to go get it fixed but whether he is trying to be nice and not hurt my feelings or he really thinks it looks good, he won't do it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August also brought a new addition to the Matheson Clan. My sister Sally had her baby on August 8th. Clarissa Jardine.
Isn't she adorable!


I'm her favorite Aunt!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garhett and I went hiking last weekend also. It was so much fun! We went up Brighton Canyon. Our intent was to hike the three lakes - Mary, Martha, and Catherine - but once we got to Catherine Garhett was itching to get to the top of the peak. So we climbed..... But it was so worth it. It was beautiful up there. The Peak we hiked to is called Sunset Peak.




You can see all three lakes from the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment