Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Parties and Adventures

We've had a busy and fun few weeks. Garhett has been studying away getting ready for finals and I have been filling my time with this and that. Here's what we've been up to:


1.  We had the Matheson family annual St. Patrick's day dinner. Garhett and I were assigned to bring dessert. So we made shamrock rice krispies ( and lucky charm krispies)with white chocolate (died green of course) drizzled on top.



These are the Lucky charm Krispies. It's hard to see but we made some out of lucky charms. That was Garhett's great idea. I do most of the cooking around our house, but he comes up with most of the great ideas!

2. My best Friend Ali is having her first baby - a little boy - and I helped throw her a baby shower. I had never made a diaper cake before and this was my first attempt. Luckily it turned out pretty good I think. Especially for making it right when I got home from working a night shift. It's ok though, I had 'Downton Abbey' to keep me awake! :)



Garhett was such a sweetheart and drove me to draper (so I wouldn't fall asleep on the road) and helped me decorate! Yeah, that gave him some major points!



Here is the cute pregnant mom-to-be. I think she's about 33 weeks in this picture.


Some of our high school friends that came to the shower. It was so fun to catch up with everyone!


3. For the last weekend in March we were going to go to a wedding in Spokane of one of Garhett's mission companions. Garhett had a hard time getting out of work and school so we didn't get to go. But, we both had the weekend off because of it. We wanted to at least do something fun. Garhett's family has some property up in the Uintas and Garhett has been dying to take me up there and to do some fishing. We planned to go up and spend the morning fishing, relaxing, having a campfire, and making breakfast. We got up early on that Saturday and headed out. Well . . . apparently it's still a little too early. We got stuck in the snow on the road up there.




This is my cute husband digging us out of the snow. We weren't very prepared I guess because we had no shovel. But my resourceful husband used a snow scraper.


We eventually made it out. This is me clapping! :) We decided to turn back and stopped at a few fishing holes on the way home so Garhett could get some fishing in. He just loves it!




We decided just to head up good ol' Millcreek Canyon and cook our breakfast. Garhett told me that if he had known I could cook this good outside he would have married me a long time ago! I'm glad I continue to impress him ha ha.We made breakfast burritos with eggs, hash browns and sausage! And they were really good! But everything tastes better when you're up in the mountains!




4. Last but not least.... Easter!
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love remembering what Easter is truly about; our Savior and his atoning sacrifice. But most importantly that He lives and that because of Him we can all live again as well! I also love Easter because of what it represents - birth and life. I love when I start to see the buds on the trees and the tulips starting to grow and hear the birds in the mornings when I wake up. It means that spring is on the way (and hopefully warm weather too!) Easter has always been such a family centered holiday for me and I love that it continues to be.

We met Garhett's family at Canyon Rim park as soon as church was over and visited with them for an hour or so. It was such a gorgeous day and it was nice to just relax in the park and enjoy the nice weather. Then we went to my Mom and Dad's house for Easter dinner. 
Garhett and I were assigned dessert again (I'm starting to wonder if my mom trusts me with anything else ha ha)We decided to makes 'cups of dirt'. It seemed so springy and Eastery. And look how cute they turned out.



Dying Easter eggs!









My favorite egg that I died. I was so proud of it!

We had our traditional Easter egg roll contest. Sadly I didn't win.... I didn't even win against Garhett - which is even more disappointing (We're not competitive at all though :)) But it sure was fun!



Then the little girls found the 'Easter Bunny's' stash of Easter baskets in the basement. Growing up, it was always a tradition to find our Easter baskets that the Easter Bunny had hidden. We didn't have to search too hard this year but I'm glad the Easter bunny is keeping the tradition alive. 



Aren't Tulips the most beautiful flower! They are my favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment