Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Our First Christmas

Our first Christmas was magical, as any first Christmas should be. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning  with Garhett's family and Christmas afternoon/evening with my family. And we were able to have our own little Christmas together on Christmas morning and open each others presents.

I did the twelve days of Christmas for Garhett... who knows, maybe it'll start a tradition :) I think my favorite gift I gave him were two new sleeping bags. He had been complaining that he didn't get any camping stuff for the wedding, it was all kitchen stuff. He had one major requirement for these sleeping bags though. He said they had to zip together. He LOVED them. That night he pulled them out and got them all set up with our camping chairs and lantern. He just loves camping.

On Christmas Eve we moved the couches together and slept in front of the Christmas tree. I collect Christmas stories and Garhett got me a couple new ones this year. We sat in front of the tree on our 'couch bed' and read them together. This might just start a new tradition as well.



Our cute little Christmas tree.


My sister Sally made us Christmas Stockings that say Mr. and Mrs. C



Garhett is such a good gift giver! All the times where I say things that I need or want, who knew he was actually listening AND taking notes. Every time I opened something I would say "I needed this," or "I wanted this" and he would just smile and say, "I know...."



There was just something special about spending our first Christmas together as a married couple. I can't wait to spend every Christmas with my sweetheart for the rest of our lives!

I had to add this picture cause it's so cute. Here is my nephew Scotty and Garhett taking a little Christmas afternoon nap!



 We spent the weekend after Christmas at my Uncle's Cabin in Oakley. It was so much fun to play in the snow, sled, snowmobile, and play games together. Everyone was there except Mb and Spencer's family. We sure missed them.





Cute little Lillian with her daddy's ski goggles on. She LOVED sledding. But who wouldn't when you get to be pulled back up in the sled like this.








No comments:

Post a Comment