After we were married we moved into a basement apartment in Bountiful, Utah. Garhett is going to school at Weber and I work at the U, so we needed something kind of central. We love it and we have great neighbors. Upstairs is a cute couple, Kate and Travis and their three little kids and next door is President Eyring and his wife - we can't really complain about that!
We have no dishwasher - which has been kind of a pain, but we make due :) but otherwise the apartment is great and roomy. We have two bedrooms - we use one as an office and for storage, and a big open family room that opens into the kitchen. It was completely furnished - we totally lucked out there. So we have a nice leather couch, kitchen table, big screen TV and a washer and dryer (that was one of my requirements for an apartment. I can live without a dishwasher, but I really wanted a washer and dryer.) Unfortunately though, we just don't get to keep any of it after we leave.
We love our ward. We are primary teachers for the 9 and 10 year olds. Garhett is really good with them, and I am learning a lot of patience! But we have a lot of fun teaching them. We threw them a pizza party and had a blast. I know that it looks like this picture is of Garhett and all the primary kids, but I am in the picture too!
I just have to share a cute story about the kids that live upstairs. Cam, who is 5, asked his mom what they should do if there is a fire. Here is the conversation:
Kate: "You get out of the house as soon as you can"Cam: "Well should we go down in the basement?"
Kate: "No you just grab your sister and brother and get out of the house"
Cam: "Well we have to get Carrie!"
How cute is that. He is so concerned for my safety. (Notice he didn't mention Garhett, but don't worry, I'll make sure Garhett is safe too if there is ever a fire:) )
One more story. Meg, she just turned 4, has learned that if she comes downstairs when Kate needs something from food storage or to do laundry, she usually gets a treat from me or Garhett. One day Kate was outside for a minute and Meg came downstairs alone. She told me her mom was outside. I figured she just wanted to hang out with me for a minute, but I soon learned that was not her motive. She must have noticed earlier that we had a bag of Cheetos in the pantry because she walked straight there and said "Carrie, did you know that there are these (grabbing the bag of Cheetos) in here?" I just laughed and gave her some. She is a smart, tricky little one, but so stinkin' cute.
Here are some of the things we've been up to since we got married:
Decorating Halloween sugar cookies!
Garhett bought me all of our China after the wedding, even though he didn't quite understand why we needed it :) I married a good one!
Remember how Garhett likes to take pictures of me cooking and of our meals.... here's some more
My first Sunday dinner Roast I cooked by myself. And... it turned out pretty good! I was quite proud of it!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment