Friday, August 29, 2014

37 Weeks and the Nursery

We Have Arrived! We've made it to 37 Weeks.

 I had a few criteria that had to be met before she came, 1. I wanted maternity pictures - CHECK; 2. I needed to renew my BLS/CPR so I can go back to work after maternity leave - CHECK; 3. I wanted to get the nursery finished. So you know what that means? 
This little one is welcome to come any day!

But I'm afraid, so far, she likes it way too much in that womb of hers.



I don't realize how much she is still growing until I look back at the pictures like this. I get bigger and bigger every week. And . . .that means she does too :/ Here's hoping she takes after my jeans rather than Garhett's. (I was 5 1/2 lbs and he was 8 1/2 pounds.) I don't mind a big healthy baby, but I think I'd rather push out a small healthy baby instead :).


She continues to move and kick around, and I continue to love feeling it. Nights are getting more and more uncomfortable; and days I guess for that matter. It's just hard to move around when you have a little basketball in your belly. Who knew?

She has stayed head down so far. Quite honestly, I don't know how she could move at this point. I feel like there is absolutely no room left to move in there. But . . . if she really wanted to I'm sure she'd find a way. She certainly knows how to move on my bladder a lot.

We've worked pretty hard the last few weeks, especially my sweet husband, to get ready for this little miss to come. The nursery is pretty much complete. We just need a little organizing and decor to go up and we'll be right ready to go.

Here we are setting up the dresser/changing table.

After Garhett finished the final touches on the nursery I had to do a good vacuum before we moved everything in. 

Organizing!




Here's the closet that Garhett built. He is such a handy man! He worked so hard to make the room perfect for her and I am so proud of him!


I love the way it turned out. I still have a few things to do, but if she came tomorrow. I think we'd be just fine!

Here's to the count-down! 15 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment