Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Family Reunion at Clear Lake

We were able to spend about 5 days up in Oregon at Clear Lake for Garhett's Dad's family reunion. We met lots and lots of new family and loved getting to know everyone and spending time with Garhett's Dad. (Yes, I went camping at 30 weeks pregnant. It wasn't too bad. But I'm not sure I would do it again ;) )

There were some beautiful waterfalls just down the way from Clear Lake and our camp site. We had fun hiking around and exploring.







Hence why the lake is called 'Clear Lake'. In the shallower parts (which are still pretty deep) you can see all the way to the bottom of the lake. It was amazing and so beautiful!


It was such a beautiful place!




This is me lounging on the boat while the men folk fished. :) Garhett was in heaven fishing all the time. But, did I even get any pictures of him fishing? NO! What was I thinking. He caught some great fish though and we brought one home. It made for a great Sunday dinner!
Our little campsite. Yes, we were the only ones in tents! Everyone else had camp trailers or cabins. We're so hard core!

Me playing the air guitar in the car on the way home from Oregon.
Garhett let me drive for like two hours of the drive up and back from Oregon (which is about a 12 hour drive). . . . not because he thinks I'm a bad driver, but because he is so good to me and takes such good care of me. But a man can only drive so long before he gets too tired. I had to spell him for a little bit. And he had to document. :)

We spent the last night of our trip at my Aunt Marcie and Uncle Dave's house in Portland. I wish I would have taken some pictures, but I didn't. We had so much fun visiting with them though and are grateful for their hospitality!




No comments:

Post a Comment