31 Weeks
July 18, 2014
Time sure seems to be flying by. And this baby is getting bigger and bigger by the minute - or so it seems to me.
From what I'm told on my weekly updates she is about 4 ish pounds now and about 19 ish in. long (although given my jeans, I'm sure she's really not that tall) They tell me she's about the size of a head of lettuce . . . but I've seen what a 31 week baby looks like and she is definitely got to be bigger than a head of lettuce. But whatever.
We feel her get the hiccoughs at least once a day, it seems, it is the cutest thing. She also has found a recent pleasure in kicking my ribs and punching on my bladder. And she still likes to kick Daddy's mouth when he gets close to talk to her. He says they are love taps. :)
I'm feeling slightly more uncomfortable as the days go by. My lungs don't have quite as much room to expand and my nights consist of getting up to go to the bathroom about every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs with accompanying heart burn. It pretty much is the best time of my life. Needless to say, I don't get lots of sleep during the night so I'm usually extra tired during the day.
The pregnancy has gone pretty smooth up until this point. No major complaints. We took her on her very first camping trip this past week and Mom may have slightly over did it. The day after we returned I ended up being monitored in the hospital for pre-term labor. I guess she agrees with me that her living quarters are tighter than she would like and is knocking at the door to come out. Which is the LAST thing I want for her right now. It's just too early.
So I am trying to take it easy and counting each day a blessing that I am still pregnant!
Here's to AT LEAST 6 more weeks of pregnancy!

No comments:
Post a Comment