Sunday, October 13, 2013

1st Anniversary

It's official, Fall is THE very best time to get married. Because then you get to celebrate your anniversary every year during the most beautiful season!

We celebrated our FIRST Anniversary on October 10, 2013. It was the most wonderful, magical weekend we've had since.... our honeymoon ;) My sweet husband planned the whole thing and completely surprised me!


On the actual day of our Anniversary I planned a nice dinner of Garhett. He is so sweet and absolutely raves about everything that I cook (whether it tastes good or not)! Garhett was supposed to go to class that night but ended up staying home with me. I wasn't about to complain about that one! We enjoyed a lovely evening together!

The next day Garhett told me we were going to go for a hike and stay somewhere nice that night. So while he was at work that morning I got everything all packed up and ready to go. We drove out to Little Cottonwood Canyon and went on a beautiful little hike. I LOVE the colors in the Fall. It is my favorite.




After our hike my cute husband finally let me in on the secret he's been keeping for over a month. He had planned a little get away at the Cliff Lodge Resort at Snowbird. I was more than thrilled!


We checked into the hotel around 4 pm. We found this nice card wishing us a happy anniversary, from the Lodge, with these delicious mints. After that we decided to walk around and give ourselves a little tour of the Lodge. It was quite impressive. My cute husband told me he wanted to go swimming, so we got changed and then headed to the pool - I thought....

On our way, Garhett told me he wanted to check the top floor where the restaurant was, and then he said he wanted to check out the spa. I really was quite clueless and just went along with it. We got off the elevator and walked to the spa. I was thinking, "Well that's nice, okay dear, lets go down to the pool." But Garhett walked right inside and handed the lady at the front desk something. I just kept asking "Hunny, what are you doing!?" He had to physically come take me by the hand and walk me inside, where he spilled the last part of the surprise. We were going to get massages! What!? Of course I love massages but I never thought my husband would go for one. But he did. It was the most heavenly hour. We got our massages, and then sat in the steam room, and then went to the Spa access only pool and hot tub and relaxed for a couple hours. It was PERFECT!

After we were fully pampered and relaxed we went and had dinner and then had a wonderful restful nights sleep in our room. Now my husband always surprises me by what he remembers. Yes, it has always been a dream of mine to get room service/breakfast in bed at a hotel. But no, I do not ever remember mentioning this to my husband. Well, apparently I did and he remembered. We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning. It was so much fun!



It was such a fun way to end our great little get-a-way. We had breakfast and watched Star Trek 2 (Any chance my husband has to watch that movie he will take!) and then went down to the hot tub for a little bit.



On the way down the canyon we had to stop at a few places and take some photos. It was SO beautiful!


Last, But certainly not least..... Yes, we DID save the top of our cake and cut into it for our anniversary. On Saturday night when we got back from our get-a-way, we pulled out the cake and cut...




Surprisingly, the cake was just as delicious as I remember it being on our wedding day! No freezer burnt taste or anything.

My sweet husband planned the most wonderful, relaxing, surprising weekend. He is so thoughtful, sweet, loving, for which I love him so much.  

I know it is cliche, but I truly do love him so much more now than I ever did when we got married. Our wedding day was the most wonderful and love filled day I can remember, but the love that we have shared and that has grown since that day is absolutely incredible. I can't imagine my life with out this adoring man by my side. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for guiding me to him and allowing me to share my life with him. 

1 comment:

  1. ok, you two are the cutest! Congratulations on hitting the 1 year! I'm sure it's just going to get better and better :)

    ReplyDelete