We juts bought our very fist home together! It was quite the experience and I feel like I just signed my life away! I think they might have asked for my first born child had they known I was pregnant!
We have been in the market for quite a while but just recently started to hunt hard! Knowing this little one will arrive in a few months really kicked us into gear. We saw this house online and liked it. Then when we went to look at it in person we liked it even more! That evening we found out there were already two other offers on it. Our realtor told us if were were serious about the house than we better get an offer in. Garhett had gone back to work and then was getting ready to go on a backpacking trip that evening so I was scrambling to get everything ready - meeting with our realtor and my dad (the attorney). Then I realized, I can't turn this offer in without Garhett's signature and he's about to leave! So . . . I hurried and called him. He was literally signing the offer as they were driving out the driveway! Whew!
The next day May 6th, 2014 we were going to go back out to see the house with my parents and on the way out we got a call saying that they had accepted our offer. Man, that was a crazy feeling! We had a house!
After about a month of closing debates and getting all the financing in order we closed on June 6th, 2014 and are officially home owners!
![]() |
| The yard is one of the things we fell in love with most! It is huge! I can just picture this little one running her little heart out in this back yard! |
As you can see, it's a little outdated. . . ha understatement!? We've got some work to do, but at least we've got the house. We are so excited to be able to bring our little girl home to our very own place!














No comments:
Post a Comment