Friday, March 21, 2014

Thoughts from the 1st Trimester (plus a week)

4 Weeks (December 10th)
Saw that miraculous '+' sign on the pregnancy test.

Garhett and I spent the evening with my siblings and their spouses and my parents in the Temple. It was the very best place to be after we found out about the new addition to our eternal family to be able to thank our Heavenly Father for this miracle!

We told Garhett's mom. She was so excited for us!

5 Weeks 
Finding it hard to keep the news from spreading at work. They seem to always be able to tell. Maybe it's the hint of me clearing the room entirely when they come to do an x-ray on one of my patients.

Still feeling pretty good. No signs of morning sickness yet.

6 Weeks
Morning sickness has definitely hit! Part of me is so relieved. . .this has to mean a healthy pregnancy right? That's something I was so worried about. But the other part of me . . . wow not sure I can handle this for another 6 Weeks.

7 Weeks
Morning sickness is still present. Not terrible, but enough that I got myself a prescription for zofran. I'm feeling so tired all the time.
Our apartment is under construction so Garhett and I moved into my Grandma's basement. Little did I know this would be the best decision we could make right now.

8 Weeks (February 7th)
Oh morning sickness. . . we are becoming such good friends.  We told my parents. They were thrilled and so excited for us. My mother suspected. I'm over at here house enough that she was noticing how tired I always was.
Thank goodness for living next to your mother and having meals prepared for you when you're nauseous all the time!

9 Weeks
On Valentine's Day we got to see our little bean for the first time. It was such a relief. That moment we heard the fast little heartbeat I couldn't stop smiling. I gave Garhett's hand a squeeze and felt so much love for him and for this little miracle inside me.
Our official due date is September 19, 2014
We told our siblings - more excitement!

9 week ultrasound

10 Weeks
Oh morning sickness . . . wait morning sickness??? Or ALL DAY sickness. I know I'm complaining but nausea all day is just not thrilling. Zofran is my constant companion. Garhett is my ROCK. He works so hard in school and work and on top of that he takes care of his sickly wife. He is a Saint!

11 weeks
On February 28th we got to see our little bean again and hear that reassuring sound of a speedy heartbeat. I can't believe how much the little one has grown in just two weeks! It's so fun to watch Garhett. He is already such a proud daddy. He can't wait to tell the world that we're expecting.
11 week ultrasound
We told Grandparents. More excitement! We also found out that my cousins wife is pregnant, and happens to be due the EXACT same day as us. Crazy huh!?
Morning sickness is starting get better. Starting to feel a little . . . round, bloated, chubby . . . :/


12 Weeks (March 7th)
Well, I thought the nausea was easing up a little . . . until this week. almost seems worse than a few weeks ago. My pants are starting to get a little . . . tight.
Garhett has been calling our baby by name (no, we do not have a name picked already, nor do we even know the gender!!) Garhett is convinced it's a boy.

13 Weeks
Starting to have more energy. My husband thinks I'm a little bit more exciting and fun these days because I'm not always sleeping or nauseous. Feeling pretty good for the most part, besides getting over a cold and having allergies start up along with an occasional bout of nausea.

Can't believe we made it through the 1st trimester. Quite honestly it was a little hard to get excited at first. Because of my miscarriage in September it was hard to get excited about this pregnancy until we heard that heartbeat. Then after that it was still hard to get too excited because I felt so crummy all the time. But now the excitement has hit full force. We are so thrilled for the first addition to our little family!

14 Weeks
Dear Baby,

We can't wait to see you again. We show off your pictures to everyone we can but you're growing so fast everyday that we can't wait to see what you look like now. 
Mommy is starting to feel better, but you still know how to tell her when you're not getting enough food! And you must be going through a growth spurt this week because Mommy has been so so tired!
Daddy thinks you're a boy. He has thrown out lots of names that he likes. The latest one is 'Tiberius'. What do you think? Silly Daddy huh? And what if you're a girl. That just won't work at all!
We both are loving you more and more everyday!
With Mommy so tired and Daddy so busy with school and work we are getting lots of help from Grandma and Grandpa Matheson and Grandma Cait. They can't wait to meet you! We told Grandpa Glaus you're on your way and he was so excited!

(Credit for blog post idea goes to Rachel Pearce. Miss you so much!)

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! I LOVED this post! So glad that you are feeling better - pregnancy nausea can be vicious! Especially if you're still working nights. I am SO happy for you guys - not only are you going to be great parents, but you are going to have a gorgeous baby :) Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete