Since we will be in the beautiful state of HAWAII for Garhett's 25th birthday, I decided to celebrate early. We had Garhett's family over to our little apartment for dinner. Just a barbecue with hamburgers and hot-dogs; it was fun to celebrate!
I know, I'm sorry, the birthday boy isn't even in the picture. He wouldn't let me take it though.
For dessert I made an ice cream cake. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty proud of this cake. Not only does it look really good but it tasted amazing - but I'm a sucker for ice cream and cake. It's three layers of chocolate cake and two layers of vanilla bean ice cream with a cream cheese/whip cream frosting. (How can you not like that?) It really was a little taste of heaven. Garhett wasn't a huge fan of the candles I put on the cake. But it's not really a birthday celebration without blowing out candles on your birthday cake - all 25 of them!
I forgot to get a good picture of the whole thing, but here's how it looks on the inside!
I can't believe Garhett is 25. It seems so old, but yet not old at all. What's even worse is that I'll follow in just 4 short months!
But I LOVE this 25 year old birthday boy. It was one year ago that I knew I really loved him and I have fallen even more in love with him everyday since then! He is the love and joy of my life. He makes me smile and laugh every single day. He has the most amazingly cute smile that makes my heart melt every time I see it. I mean how could you not fall in love with that smile. (that's how he got me from the start!)
He is so sweet and kind and thoughtful. He doesn't have a selfish bone in his body! He treats me like a princess and I know I don't deserve it! He is humble and generous and always happy. He doesn't stress about the little things and helps me enjoy the simple pleasures in life. I learn from his example every day!
Happy Birthday Garhett. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment