Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happily Ever After

Garhett and I began our Happily Ever After when we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on
 October 10, 2012. It was the most wonderful day of my life! I have to give a big thank you to ALL those who helped (especially my cute Mom - she worked SO hard!) to make it such a great day. It was absolutely PERFECT!

Here are some picture highlights of our perfect day!

Our big entrance as husband and wife!
My family
Garhett's Family
Our wonderful supportive parents!


My handsome husband!


I LOVE this one!


Our reception was at Louland Falls. It's a cute little place hidden in Parley's Canyon. It has the most beautiful views and a path that leads to a couple of beautiful waterfalls! Garhett loves the outdoors and wanted the reception to be outside if possible. So my mom, yet again, did her best to make that happen. We found this place and I fell in LOVE with it!
We had to display our kayaks at the reception. I bought these for Garhett as a wedding present.

The groomsmen and bridesmaids!
The whole wedding party
We had a program after the ring ceremony where all of my siblings sang 'Broken Road' by Rascal Flats - a song that is very fitting for our love story. Then we had each of the parents speak along with Sally - my sister, and Kristan - Garhett's sister. Then my dad said a few words and gave us some great council. It was perfect! Just what I had imagined.
We had a ring ceremony, conducted by my Dad, before the reception for those who weren't able to be in the Temple with us.

My cute husband, the sweetheart that he is, surprised me at our ring ceremony with a second wedding band. I had picked out the band when we first went ring shopping. I never expected I would actually get all three though. He said the look on my face was priceless! When he gave me the band he told me, "That is what I plan on doing for the rest of our lives, making you happy." I LOVE this boy so much! (Ps, Garhett hid the ring in his mint container, silly boy!)

Isn't it gorgeous!?



Garhett was such a gentleman and gently placed the piece of cake in my mouth.  But I expected nothing less. He has always and continues to be such a perfect gentleman and treats me so well.
We were able to sit down and eat the delicious food my mom had prepared for the reception. We had tomato basil soup and potato cheese soup with bread sticks, caesar salad, and apple slices with caramel dip. All of these are favorites of Garhett and mine. My mom was so sweet to try and incorporate what we loved in the menu!


Our first dance as husband and wife. Look at the smile on my cute husband's face. I was just as happy!
My little sisters and their friends decorated our car. It turned out so cute!
Doesn't Mrs. Colton have such a nice ring to it! Confession, I've already filled up 3 pages of  'Carriely Colton signatures in my journal!
And we are living happily ever after.......

No comments:

Post a Comment